A Date with Data from ICPSR - Nina Exner
Learn how to use ICPSR
(Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research) to find real research data for secondary analysis for your course paper, thesis, article or classroom. This overview will
- Introduce you to the vast range of regional, national and international datasets, data series and thematic collections available from ICPSR.
- Demonstrate their relevance to disciplines and programs throughout the university.
- Highlight tools available for data planning, data management and data processing.
- Introduce data-driven learning guides designed to reinforce key concepts in the social sciences.
Get Creative (Commons) - Carla-Mae Crookendale (with Hillary Miller)
Learn about Creative Commons and how to find, use and create Creative Commons licensed media. During this session, you will learn
- What Creative Commons licenses are.
- How and where to find Creative Commons licensed content you can reuse.
- How to apply Creative Commons licenses to content you create to share with others.
Citation Management Tools - Marilyn Scott and Martha Roseberry
Learn how to choose the citation management tool best for your research. This session will include an introduction to the features of Mendeley and Zotero. Attendees will learn how to
- Select the citation tool(s) most appropriate for their research practices.
- Download and install the most appropriate citation tool(s).
- Add references to their selected citation tool(s).