Delivery services include the retrieval of materials owned or licensed by VCU Libraries as well as items borrowed for:
- Pick up at one of the libraries
- Mailing to campus or off campus addresses
- Digitization (copying) and electronic delivery
Items borrowed from other libraries may also be mailed to campus and off campus addresses as well as digitized and delivered electgronically.
Use , ILLiad, or to request:
- Digitized copies of articles, chapters or excerpts of works from the VCU Libraries collections.
- Materials located at the other campus library for pick up at the campus library that is most convenient for you.
- Materials located in storage. This includes entire works (books, microform, etc.) and copies (chapters, articles or excerpts of works).
- Campus delivery of materials from our circulating collections (books, dissertations, videos, DVDs, CDs, cassettes, computer files, government documents, etc.). This includes retrieving items from the collection and placing them at the desk for patrons to pick up or delivering the item to the patron’s campus box address. Only VCU faculty, staff and Health System Employees are eligible for this service.
- Off campus delivery of materials from our circulating collections (book, dissertations, videos, DVDs, CDs, cassettes, computer files, government documents, etc.). You must reside outside the Metro Richmond area to be eligible for this service.
- An item that has been checked out to another patron and you cannot wait until the item is returned. These requested items will be held for pick-up at one of the libraries and may be shipped to your campus office or off campus address.
Use the button only when you need:
- item located in Special Collections & Archives retrieved for you. You may need to go to the Special Collections & Archives office to pick-up your requested items
- a DVD or CD located at the James Branch Cabell Library for pick up. These requested items will not be shipped to your campus or off campus address
Use ILLiad to request items from the VCU Libraries media collections in all other circumstances.
How Do I … Find Books, Articles and More
How Do I … Find Patents
How Do I … Find Dissertations