- Lending requests will be accepted directly from libraries via OCLC, DOCLINE, email or ILLiad Web form.
- All VCU Libraries materials that normally circulate will be loaned to other libraries. In addition, some microforms, newspapers or patents will be loaned.
- The loan period for most material is eight weeks with the exception of multimedia (films, videos, cassettes, CDs or DVDs). The loan period for multimedia and the James Branch Cabell Library Film Video Collection is generally 3 weeks, but may vary due to high use and purchase restrictions. An additional week is added to the loan period to allow for shipping.
- One two-week renewal is allowed on most items.
- Books may be loaned to foreign libraries on a case-by-case basis by special arrangement.
- Photocopies will be sent to all libraries worldwide.