(Add ILLiad link)
Included are experts in various fields who provide teaching, training, supervision and mentoring to VCU students in an on-the-job, apprenticeship type environment for a specified length of time. The apprenticeships are often in the surrounding communities and are not at VCU. Also included are persons paired with VCU faculty and/or administration to work on special research projects.
These experts are commonly called Preceptors on the MCV Campus. Other schools and departments at VCU may refer to these experts by names other than Preceptors, such as clinical faculty, clinical affiliate, field instructor or coordinating teacher. The Banner system refers to some Preceptors as External Affiliate faculty (EXAF) and Affiliate (AFPR).
Services include the following:
Fill requests for Copies (articles, chapters, excerpts for printed work).
- Request copies from the VCU Libraries collections. Included are items located in storage, non-circulating collections, microforms, stacks, electronic resources, etc.
- Requests copies of items not available in the VCU Libraries collections.
- Copy requests are digitized and delivered electronically
Fill requests for Loans (books, CDs, DVDs, dissertations, microform and entire works) located in storage.
- Items are held for pick-up at one of the libraries (James Branch Cabell Library or the Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences).
- Items may be shipped to you if you reside outside the Metro Richmond area.
Preceptors may also check out materials from the VCU Libraries circulating collections in person.