- Go to http://www.library.vcu.edu/illiad/.
- Use your VCU eID and password to log into the system.
- Be sure to include your name as it appears on your VCU official records. Do not use nicknames or an abbreviated form of your name unless it appears that way on your VCU records.
- Use your VCU email address to avoid problems with undelivered mail. We rely on the information you provide in your ILLiad profile to send availability, recall, cancellation and other notices. Please see the Update User Information page in this research guide to get instructions on how to change your contact information.
- Enter a telephone number where you can be reached during business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.). Include a current mailing address and update it regularly, especially if you wish to have materials shipped to you. Faculty and staff should use their VCU Campus Box address. Faculty, staff and students who reside outside the Metro Richmond area should use their home address if they wish to have materials shipped to them. Please note that updating your address with VCU eServices does not update your ILLiad record.
- Include your status so that you receive the proper service and are not denied services you are entitled to receive. If no status is provided, your ILLiad account may be blocked and your requests denied.
- Select “Other” if you do not see a department that meets your major or employment area. We continue to add and revise the list of departments as the University changes. Contact us to request changes in the list of departments.
To request items through the VCU Libraries search box, you must have a valid VCU eID and password that makes you eligible for circulation services. If you do not have a VCU eID, you may still request materials through ILLiad add link here.