Items Borrowed from the VCU Libraries Collections
If you have a VCU eID, follow these steps:
- From the VCU Libraries home page, click on the "My Library" link. You will be prompted for your VCU eID and password.
- Click on the "My Account".
- Select the boxes next to the items you wish to renew, then click the "Renew Selected" link above the list of loans.
- If you wish to renew all items, you can simply click “Renew All”.
If you do not have a VCU eID, choose one of these options:
- Reply to the email "Courtesy Reminder" or the "Item Due Today" notices to request a renewal. A staff member will contact you with a renewal due date.
- Call 804-828-1111 to request a renewal.
If the item cannot be renewed, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
Please note that to renew you must:
- Have a current (unexpired) library record.
- Have no blocks for fees, fines or services or overdue materials.
- Follow the rules for the number of renewals allowed depending upon your borrowing status.
- Renew interlibrary loan materials via your ILLiad account.
Renewing Items Borrowed from Other Libraries
Interlibrary Loan Materials
- Check the information printed on the label that covers the item to determine if it can be renewed. Loan periods and policies will vary depending on the lending library.
- Renewals can only be submitted within the 14 days prior to the due date.
- Items that are overdue cannot be renewed.
- ILL items cannot be renewed by staff at the circulation desks in the libraries.
- Log in to your ILLiad account.
- Look in the left side bar under the “View” section. Click “Checked Out Items.”
- Click on the transaction number for the item you want to renew.
- Click “Renew Request” in the upper left of the screen.
When an approval has been received from the lending library, you will receive an email stating that your renewal request has been approved and the new due date. If the renewal request is denied by the lending library, your email message will indicate that the renewal request has been denied and ask that you return the item on the due date already given.
Local libraries and museums
Renewal practices varies from library to library. If you borrowed materials in person from a local library, contact the library to determine renewal options.