VCU Libraries

Research Guides

History of Richmond Professional Institute

Links to VCU History

Cobblestone Alley, Looking East to Shafer Street from the Library housed in what is now the Anderson Gallery, 1962. The cobblestone alleys that made up Richmond’s streetscape led Richmond Professional Institute to be known as the Cobblestone Campus. From 1956 to 1973, the student annual was titled The Cobblestone.