Be brief and specific. Use only key concepts (keywords) that reflect exactly what you need. Here are examples:
1) What treatment options are available for fetal alcohol syndrome?
1st, think of alternative phrases like:
Combine any of these phrases with the term treatment. For example:
prenatal alcohol exposure treatment
2) What can be done to reduce fetal alcohol syndrome? Because the question is about a reduction of the problem add the term prevention to one or more of the phrases above. For example:
fetal alcohol syndrome prevention
3) What are the most effective treatments for fetal alcohol syndrome?
To answer questions about treatment effectiveness use keywords that refer to study types. Try several search options:
fetal alcohol syndrome randomized controlled trial
prenatal alcohol exposure systematic review
To target specific types of information on your topic, try a variety of relevant keywords:
4) What about the scope & magnitude of the problem?epidemiology incidence prevalence statistics
5) What are the causes, correlates, harms?
prospective cohort study
retrospective cohort study
6) What about the diagnosis of the problem?
7) Is there evidence for treatment/ intervention effectiveness?
randomized controlled trial