Log on to ILLiad
Included are experts in various fields who provide teaching, training, supervision and mentoring to VCU students in an on-the-job, apprenticeship type environment for a specified length of time. Also included are persons paired with VCU faculty and/or administration to work on special research projects.
These experts are commonly called Preceptors on the MCV Campus. Other schools and departments at VCU may refer to these experts by names other than Preceptors, such as clinical faculty, clinical affiliate, field instructor or coordinating teacher.
Services include the following:
Copies (articles, chapters, excerpts for printed work).
- Request copies from items located in storage, non-circulating collections, microforms, stacks, electronic resources, etc.
- Request copies of items not available in the VCU Libraries collections.
- Copies are delivered electronically.
Loans (books, CDs, DVDs, dissertations, microform and entire works) located in VCU Libraries collections.
- Items are retrieved from the circulating collections and held for pick-up at one of the libraries (James Branch Cabell Library or the Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences).
- Items may be shipped to you if you reside outside the Metro Richmond area.
Preceptors may also check out materials from the VCU Libraries circulating collections in person.