Log on to ILLiad
Effective July 1, 2019, the National Library of Medicine will retire Loansome Doc services due to declining use of the system
VCU Libraries will continue providing document delivery and interlibrary loan services to Virginia health care providers. Some users were formerly Loansome Doc participants. You may submit your requests via the ILLiad system immediately.
Registering and accessing your account to submit requests
Use the ILLiad link above to log into your existing ILLiad account, to create an ILLiad account, to submit your requests or to update your ILLiad profile.
We recommend that you bookmark the ILLiad link above and this page for future reference. Click on the log in link for Authorized Users.
If this is your first time submitting requests to us (not a former Loansome Doc user):
- Select the First Time Users option. You will be taken to a page with information about our services and more instructions for creating your username and password.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the button labeled "First Time Users Click Here. You will be taken to a New User Registration for ILLiad form.
- Complete and submit this form. When completing this form, make sure to select Healthcare Professional as your status. We will use your email address to correspond with you about your request. You may began submitting requests to us immediately.
If you have used our services before as a Loansome Doc patron:
- Log in the ILLiad system using your username and password. An ILLiad account has already been created for you.
- Contact us at 804-828-1115 or email@example.com, if you do not know your username and password and we will share it with you. At that time, we will also ask you to update your password immediately and provide you with instructions on how to do so.
Copies (articles, chapters, excerpts from works)
- Request copies from the VCU Libraries collections. Included are items located in storage, non-circulating collections, microforms, general stacks, and electronic resources.
- Request copies of items not available in the VCU Libraries collections through interlibrary loan services
- Copies are delivered electronically
Charges for services
- Per filled request: $11
- Additional charges
VCU Libraries reserves the right to double the charges for copies over 30 pages.
Invoices will be mailed to the address you provided on your registration form.
Pay on-line with a credit card, check (mail or in-person). When paying by check, provide a copy of the invoice.
More details on using the ILLiad system