Most requests are processed in 1 business day. Some requests may take longer to fill if the item is not available (not owned, checked out, missing, etc.) and must be borrowed from another library.
Items from the VCU Libraries collection
- Allow hours - 2 business days for request processing and delivery.
- Allow an additional 1 – 3 days for items that need to be shipped.
- Some requests may take longer if the item is not on the shelf.
Items borrowed from other libraries (interlibrary loan)
- Allow hours - 14 days for copies.
- Allow 1 - 4 weeks for entire works and other borrowed materials.
- Some requests may take longer depending upon the shipping method and location of the lending library.