When locating material on the web, it is important to evaluate the information presented. Here are some questions to ask for evaluation of the scholarly use of the website:
- Authority - Who wrote it and what are the author's credentials? Who is sponsoring the material?
- Objectivity - What is the purpose of this material and the intended audience? Is there an opinion or point-of-view presented?
- Accuracy - Is the information consistant, complete and free of grammatical errors?
- Currency - When was the material published/updated? Are the links working?
- Final Assessment - Does this page offer reliable and accurate information? Would your instructor accept this as a resource?