Request from VCU Libraries (Delivery)
Our delivery services include the retrieval of materials owned or licensed by VCU Libraries for:
- pickup at one of the libraries
- mailing to campus or off campus address
- digitization (copying) and electronic delivery
Using the request links for the item in VCU Libraries Search , or ILLiad.
Request through Interlibrary Loan
Not finding what you need? We can get items from other libraries via Interlibrary Loan. Request items in ILLiad.
On your behalf, VCU Libraries will borrow materials that are unavailable or not licensed by VCU Libraries from other libraries. This includes borrowing items that may be owned by VCU Libraries but cannot be retrieved by you or staff within a reasonable amount of time. You may submit a request when the needed materials are:
- at the bindery
- checked out to another patron
- in repairs
- in processing
- not owned or licensed by VCU Libraries
- on order
- owned by VCU Libraries, but not in the needed format or edition (e.g., VCU Libraries owns the electronic copy but you need the print version; VCU Libraries owns the 7th edition, but you need the 10th edition).
Borrow items in person from another library
Or, you can visit nearby libraries and borrow from them.
- Most library patrons may have up to fifty (50) active ILLiad requests. This total includes requests for delivery of copies, books and media as well as loans from VCU Libraries collections and through interlibrary loan.
- Requests are considered active when they have not yet been filled or the interlibrary loan item is checked out to you.
- Inactive requests include:
- Canceled requests
- Copies delivered to the Web
- Books and other returnables from the VCU Libraries collections that are checked out to you
- Books and other returnables borrowed through interlibrary loan that you have returned
- Contact us if you need to increase this limit.