Cloning allows users to copy a request to create a new request. Any request can be cloned (duplicated) regardless of the request status. You may want to clone a request when:
- A previously requested item that you need again
- A publication that has multiple volumes so that each volume appears as a separate request
- Another copy of an item that you already have because the loan period is too short
To clone your request:
- Log into your ILLiad account.
- Click on the request you want to clone.
- Click “Clone Request” located at the top left of the screen. By default, this link will not appear if you have reached your request limit (50 active requests).
- Enter or edit any information on the cloned request.
- Click on the “Submit Request” button at the bottom of the screen.
The cloned request should display in your list of pending requests.