VCU Libraries

Research Guides

OLD How Do I Request Resources?

A step by step guide on how to request copies, chapters, books, media, and other materials housed in the VCU Libraries collections or from another library.

Register in ILLiad if you do NOT have a VCU eUD

  •  Go to ILLiad to register.
  •  Provide current contact information. Please make sure to keep this information updated.

The following groups may become VCU Libraries patrons and eligible to borrow items from the VCU Libraries collections but may not have a VCU eID.

  • Friends of the Libraries - The Friends of VCU Libraries are a circle of annual donors who make and foster gifts to support VCU Libraries.
  • High School Students and Teachers - Students and teachers at the local high schools in the city of Richmond, Henrico County, Chesterfield County and Hanover County are eligible for borrowing privileges. To borrow, the librarian, media specialist, or other high school library administrator must first register their school library with VCU Libraries.  Students and teachers are then issued single use passes.  Students and teachers may be issues more than one day pass.
  • Faculty Spouse - Faculty may designate a spouse or partner to receive borrowing privileges from VCU Libraries.
  • VCCS-VCU Admission Program - These are high school participants in the VCCS-VCU program.