Drawing of the Allison House - now the VCU President's House, 1894.
The Monroe Park Campus and its Buildings: The architectural drawings of many of VCU's buildings on the Monroe Park Campus are housed in Special Collections and Archives. The collection includes some late 19th/early 20th century materials but most of the drawings date from the 1970s through today. The department also houses numerous university reports, plans, drawings, photographs, and other materials that help document the architecture and planning of the Monroe Park Campus. These archival records cover the years from the schools' beginnings as the Richmond School of Social Work and Public Health to its incarnation as Richmond Professional Institute (1939-1968) and as VCU.
Late 19th and early 20th century manuscript materials including decorative bill heads and envelopes, pamphlets, correspondence, and other items produced by Richmond builders and residents of W. Franklin Street.
There are a number of manuscript and archival collections that document the architectural history of Richmond (and Virginia) that are housed in Special Collections and Archives.
Those collections include: