VCU Faculty, Staff, Health System Employees
Log on to ILLiad
Included are the following groups who reside in Metro Richmond:
- Full-time, part-time, administrative, collateral, interns/residents, retired and emeritus (EMER) faculty
- Faculty not employed full-time at the University who participate in educational, research and/or clinical programs and are affiliated with the INOVA Health System (INOVA).
- Employees of the Hunter McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) who have been granted full-time academic appointment with the University.
- Retrieval and delivery of loans (books, CDs, DVDs, etc.) to your campus box address or held for pick-up at one of the libraries. This includes items from the VCU Libraries circulating collections such as storage and the general collections (document delivery) and items borrowed from other libraries on your behalf (interlibrary loan).
- Electronic delivery of copies (articles, chapters, etc.) of items located in VCU Libraries collections as well as items borrowed from other libraries.
- Proxy service that allow faculty only to appoint others (e.g., librarians, graduate and student assistants, secretaries, etc.) to submit requests on their behalf. This service prevents those working with faculty members from using their personal ILLiad account to submit requests for the faculty member. To use this service, send an email requesting a proxy account to email@example.com with the following information.
- Faculty member name
- Faculty member VCU eID username
- Preferred shipping address
- VCU Email address
- Phone number to be reached between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday - Friday
- Department name
- Delivery preference for books and other loaned materials (choose only one)
- campus delivery (must provide campus box address for Preferred shipping address above)
- hold for pickup at Cabell Library,
- hold for pickup at Tompkins-McCaw Library
- mail to address if address is outside Metro-Richmond area
- name(s) of persons who will have access to this proxy account (no more than 3)
- Once this information is received a proxy account will be create and a confirmation email sent to the faculty with the username and temporary password for the account.
- The faculty member is responsible for changing the password; sharing the usename and password with proxies as well as updating the profile to reflex change in address, delivery preferences, etc.
(EMER, INOV, VAMC)